A refrigerator is one of the most common home appliances that run continuously for day and night for keeping your food cold. When you use the fridge day and night it is natural to face problems from time to time, especially when it gets old. It is true that most refrigerators come up with warranty service but it is not easy to take the refrigerator to the servicing centre again and again.
It seems really very daunting to repair the refrigerator but if you have a little knowledge of the working of the refrigerator then the concept of repairing becomes very easy for you. Again it is also very difficult to get the technician at the right time. But if you have the knowledge of the working of the fridge then it becomes easier for you to repair your fridge.
Various types of issues seen in the refrigerator
Before you go for refrigerator repair you must know the various types of issues that can happen to a refrigerator. The following are some common types of issues seen in the refrigerator:
- Noisy: The fan or motor that is present in the refrigerator sometimes makes too much noise. During such time it is mostly seen that the fridge does not get as cool as it should be in normal condition. If you observe such a condition then you must understand that there is a problem in fan or motor in the refrigerator and may need to be replaced.
- Leaking: Sometimes you may observe that water is leaking from the fridge. This problem is mostly seen due to the issue of the gasket. It may also happen because of the water inlet valve and you may need to replace it. Inlet valve is very essential for every refrigerator since it supplies the refrigerator with dispensable water or ice.
- The fridge does not start: Sometimes you may find that the fridge does not start. This condition may occur when there will be a problem with the relay capacitor or temperature control. If you see such a problem then you must first check both the relay capacitor and temperature control. If you do not find any problem in capacitor or temperature control then you must understand that the problem exists in the electronic control board. In such a condition, call a refrigerator repair service provider.
- Ice maker does not make ice: Another most common problem that is mostly seen in the refrigerator is that the ice maker loses its ability to make ice. If you face such problems in your refrigerator then you must first check the water supply. If the find that the water supply is fine then you must check the tubes, filter, and the inlet valve of the refrigerator. These parts of the refrigerator are usually present at the backside of the refrigerator.
- Fridge becomes too warm: Sometimes, it is also found that the fridge gets too warm. During such a condition, it is mostly seen that the food that you have kept in the fridge does not become as cold as it should be. This condition of the fridge mainly happens when the air damper of the fridge gets damaged. So if you observe such a condition in your fridge then you must first check your air damper and replace it if it is damaged. Apart from the air damper, this condition may also happen when the baffle or the diffuser becomes damaged. The main function of diffuser is to get the cold air back into the fridge. Hence the diffuser gets damaged then it is obvious that the fridge will become too hot then its normal condition and food kept in the fridge will not become cold as it should be.
- The fridge and freezer become too warm: If you find that your fridge and freezer get too warm than the normal condition then you must understand that there is a problem of evaporator fan motor or temperature sensor or temperature control switch. In such a condition, you first have to check these parts and determine where there is any problem or not. If you find any of these parts are damaged then you have to replace those parts immediately as temperature control is the most vital part of every refrigerator and without these parts can never run normally.
- Fridge runs too long: In every fridge, there is a defrost heater and defrost timer. This defrosts heater and defroster timer will help to control the temperature in the fridge. But if you find that your fridge as well as freezer gets too warm than the normal condition then you must understand that it is due to defrost heater and defrost timer. The main function of the defrost heater is to control the temperature in the refrigerator. Hence if you find that the fridge runs too long then you have to replace these parts.